How do you know how much CBD to take?
It’s a simple question, but there’s not a one-size-fits-all answer. Ultimately, the “right dose” is the amount by which you achieve a desired effect, whether that be better, more restful sleep, easing of stress and anxiety or relief of aches, pain and inflammation.
For some people, just a few drops of our 1200 mg P’ri CBD oil tincture under their tongue works wonders. For others, a dropper full produces their desired effect.
Why is there so much variation?
Because no two bodies are the same. We each have different body history and chemistry. We also each have a different endocannabinoid system. This is the system of receptors that naturally exists in your body and interacts with cannabinoids (the compounds found in cannabis, including CBD) to regulate functions like sleep, mood, appetite and memory.
Learn more about how the endocannabinoid system works here.
Here are some guidelines for using our P’ri CBD oil:
- Start low: Many people find 20 mg of CBD once or twice a day is a good place to start. How much is 20 mg? With our oil, which has 1200 mg of CBD in a 30 ml bottle, that’s a half-full dropper. This is a good baseline amount. After taking consistently for a week, evaluate your results. Adjust to a higher or lower amount to achieve your desired effect.
- How do you know if you have taken too much CBD? Taking too much CBD can make you feel sleepy when you don’t want to be sleepy. If you experience this, try taking a lesser amount and take note of how you are feeling.
- When to take: For those suffering from chronic pain and inflammation, taking the oil at the beginning of the day and at bedtime can be helpful. If falling asleep and staying asleep is a struggle, take the oil before bedtime. To relieve stress, focus better and relax the mind and body, a dose in the morning may be just what you need.
- Frequency: Think of P’ri CBD oil as a vitamin, not an aspirin. Take daily as part of your personal care routine for the greatest benefit.
- When will I notice a difference? Some customers notice a difference in their stress level, pain and sleep very quickly (within a few days), while others notice an improvement with consistent use over time (several weeks).
When you use our P’ri CBD oil, you not only know where the contents are coming from, but you also have a direct line to someone to talk to and ask questions to help you get the most benefits from your CBD use.